TORONTO, ON – June 3, 2016 – Orion Health, a leader in population health management and healthcare integration solutions, will highlight its contributions to healthcare delivery innovation and share insights during this year’s e-Health Conference June 5 – 8, 2016 in Vancouver, B.C. Orion Health will showcase its continued work with Alberta’s eReferral launch, the successful pilot implementation of Québec’s Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) system and explore the new challenges facing eSafety as adoption of electronic health and medical records expands.
“This past year has presented us with unique opportunities and insights into the current challenges facing our healthcare industry,” said Gary Folker, Executive Vice President, Orion Health North America. “With personalized medicine and new technologies on the fast track to adoption, this conference presents an opportunity to reflect, share what we’ve learned and explore what the future holds in healthcare delivery.”
Along with being a gold sponsor of this year’s conference, Orion Health will be engaged in the following activities:
- On Monday, June 6 in ballroom A at 14:30 PST, Québec Director of Operations, Martin Trépanier will present ‘Reactive to Proactive: Delivering Improved, Safe Care in the Community’ which will highlight Orion Health’s RPM solution.
- Also on Monday, in East Building room MR 8 at 15:00 PST, CMO, Dr. Chris Hobson will explore how to maintain eSafety as Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) implementations expand. Dr. Hobson will explore what questions the industry needs to ask itself in ‘The Patient Safety Impact for EHRs’.
- On Tuesday, June 7 in East Building room MR 17 at 12:00 PST, Director of Closed Loop Referral Management, Jodi Glassford of Alberta Health Services will explore the impact of eReferral in Alberta in ‘Transforming Alberta’ Referral Experience: Connection Patients and Healthcare Professionals’.
In addition to these sessions, Orion Health will be featured in two showcases:
- On Monday, June 6 in Showcase Theatre 1 at 10:30 PST, the ‘NLCHI’s One Patient, One Record: The Holy Grail of Healthcare’ showcase will explore Newfoundland and Labrador’s ongoing quest to achieve a province-wide connected healthcare system. This will be presented by Matthew Maennling, Regional Vice President, Orion Health Canada and Gillian Sweeney, Vice President, Clinical Information Programs and Quality, NLCHI.
- On Tuesday, June 7 in Showcase Theatre 1 at 09:45 PST, Mr. Maennling will also join Matthew Leduc, Manager, HRM and EMR Connectivity Solutions, OntarioMD to present the ‘Ontario’s Hospital Report Manager: Enriching EMRs for better patient care’ showcase, which will explore Orion Health and OntarioMD’s award-winning Hospital Report Manager (HRM).
Orion Health, along with Alberta Health Sciences, has also been selected as a finalist for the Canadian Health Informatics Award (CHIA) in the ‘Innovation in the Adoption of Health Informatics’ category for their work with the provincial eReferral implementation. Last year Orion Health won this award for its work with OntarioMD’s HRM system and has previously won the CHIA Corporate Citizenship award in 2014. The awards gala takes place June 7.
Senior Director, Orion Health