Meg, 35, was found unresponsive in her hotel room, along with a suicide note. The hotel staff immediately called 9-1-1 and paramedics rushed her to the nearest emergency room in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The ER staff contacted the New Mexico Poison and Drug Information Center (NMPDIC) and spoke with LaDonna Bonnin, a registered pharmacist (RPh) and a certified specialist in poison information (CSPI). Meg had never been to that hospital before, so hospital personnel had no access to her prior medical history.

Learn how the CSPI on duty used the right technology to provide Meg with care that was customized to her needs and her medical history. Download the patient story now!