In a modern hospital, enabling timely and appropriate care is critical. With hospital budget pressure and the focus on value-based care, now more than ever technology is necessary to help run their operations.
Doctors, nurses and administrative staff often have trouble accessing and sharing patient information at the point of care, having to open multiple systems to find the information they need.
Often there are multiple care teams involved in the care of a single patient, who all need access to a holistic, up-to-date overview of the patient in real-time. Easy accessibility to patient records greatly enhances the overall performance of the hospital by enabling timely medical decisions, reconfirmation on medications and other procedures during or after medical treatment(s) resulting in better patient satisfaction and outcomes.
A fully integrated hospital solution allows hospitals to optimise the patient journey, from arrival, through to assessment, admission, care and discharge. Combining all of the steps into a complete solution that ranges from efficient patient administration, to integrated back office management, scheduling of surgical resources, and pharmacy automation, has the ability to speed up day to day operations in a hospital. Seamless integration of all aspects of the hospital gives doctors and nurses more time to provide accurate and personalised care to their patients.
In a fully integrated hospital information system, all paper forms related to the patient are electronically captured, making it easier for users to find at the point of care. Features such as point-of-service scanning and built-in support for barcode identification are useful in enabling automatic recognition of a patient, visit, caregiver and form type when scanned back into the system.
From registration to scheduling, a single system can include multi-language capabilities and multi-currency revenue cycle management, catering for international hospitals that may need to integrate more than one language or currency.
Another significant benefit of having easily accessible patient data is the recognition of patterns that are formed using this set of data. This patient data (including patient history, symptoms, allergies etc.) can generate useful patterns that gives valuable insight into a patient’s behaviour, such as a patient’s response to certain medical conditions, frequency of visits, and their awareness of their medical conditions.
The latest release of Orion Health Enterprise provides a diverse set of features for the treatment and management of patients, that takes us one step further in our effort to enable the delivery of seamless patient care.
Stemming from our customers’ feedback, the latest version of Enterprise delivers several customer-focused innovations to help users work smarter. Enterprise 18.1 provides a comprehensive set of tools to support the end-to-end care of patients in the hospital including:
- Enhanced Patient Banner – Providing access to key patient demographics across Patient Administration (PAS) and Back Office areas and extended further to include financial indicators as well as greater visibility of a patient’s status.
- Better Outpatient Management – Use of Kiosks is now supported to facilitate the arrival and processing of patients within an Outpatient setting
- Informative Patient Profile – Feature updates for patient policy search and subscriptions - A new policy search screen has been implemented system wide, and policy subscription history for a patient can be now viewed.
- Configurable Radiology Information System (RIS) – Delivering the ability to seamlessly launch third party applications from Enterprise including PACS Image Viewers, using context-aware plugins. Single sign-on management capabilities to improve user efficiency is also supported.
- Efficient Back Office Operations – The ability to search for invoices or patient deposits with remaining balances, and then write off all selected, regardless of the customer.
Orion Health Enterprise provides the building blocks for precise care by measuring outcomes, not procedures and focusing on patients, not processes.
Watch the video below to learn more about the Enterprise 18.1 upgrade.