Today we launched Amadeus CORE to our U.S. and APAC customers. This new solution extends our customers’ integration engine, including Rhapsody, with secure and scalable Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud storage to provide a platform for data analytics, machine learning, value-based care and population health management. Health data is securely uploaded and accessible via industry standard encrypted RESTful API and SQL/BI interfaces.
With vast amounts of data from multiple sources to contend with, healthcare organisations struggle to deal with the complicated and expensive technology options for storing large volumes of data securely.
A secure health data store, with HIPAA compliance and HITRUST certification, Amadeus CORE is hosted on AWS to provide the scalability to support organisations of any size. Health data can be drawn upon for analysis allowing organisations the flexibility of leveraging the potential of big data now or in the future when the organisation is ready to use machine learning models to gain insights and make predictions that could improve the lives of their patients.
Amadeus CORE helps healthcare organisations prepare for the opportunities that lie ahead in data analytics. Healthcare organisations the world over struggle with disparate and siloed information but see the value of extracting insights from their data for better decision making and more efficient management and operation. Securely storing and enabling access to these vast volumes of health data is the first step in a data journey that healthcare organisations can take to share and unleash the potential of their data.
Preparation is the best medicine
Making the shift to big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence is something 42% of professionals believe will happen in the next three-to-five years but despite these expectations, many are struggling to come to grips with how to leverage big data and the AI capabilities that come with it, Deloitte’s 2018 Global Human Capital Trends research recently found.
The analysis highlights a “readiness gap” where 72% see AI as important but only a third of those surveyed felt ready to address it. This is especially the case in healthcare where big data is something that’s been spoken about for many years but the reality of the journey to achieving the benefits of what a connected data ecosystem offers has only been achieved by a few.
Health determinants, in isolation, are interesting. In combination, they're powerful. Storing and aggregating vast volumes of different data and surfacing it via data analytics and machine learning models brings healthcare organisations a step closer to realising precision medicine, which is only possible when we have the complete picture of a person’s health.
Amadeus CORE has been designed as a platform to handle vast volumes of data from multiple sources and enable machine learning. It’s rapid data model development and secure deployment enables users to deliver robust cloud hosted solutions quickly.
- Enables an ecosystem of apps utilising RESTful APIs on pre-configured and custom data models.
- Secure APIs enable developers to build innovative applications on top of the shared data. Amadeus CORE utilises ANSI SQL interfaces to allow easy data access for analytics, machine learning and BI reporting use cases.
- Provides long-term secure cloud storage of health data. Amadeus CORE is a HIPAA compliant and HITRUST certified solution that enables healthcare organisations to comply with long-term data retention policies by providing a way to easily store any data in a secure, scalable and cost-effective AWS hosted environment.
- Historical information is available for re-use without the expense of retrieving the data a second time from the source. When data is no longer required, it is easily purged from the solution. Amadeus CORE also provides appropriate offsite storage for disaster recovery purposes.
- Out-of-the-box dashboards and reports provide useful insights such as traffic trends, message characteristics and flow patterns to improve operational efficiency.
- Aggregate and store patient data to enable the exchange of health information. Data is easily queryable via APIs and a BI interface to support a range of clinical applications.
- Provides a repository for new and non-traditional data types. Store any data, as is, in the Source Data Store with minimal pre-processing. Custom data modelling provides maximum flexibility for storing any and all types of data, including traditional and emerging data types.
- Enables a platform for data analytics, machine learning, value-based care and population health management. Original and modelled data is easily queried via the SQL interface to support deeper understanding of data assets.
Check out the datasheet for more information.