Orion Health Rhapsody Integration Engine achieves rapid and scalable interoperability within complex healthcare environments by connecting systems seamlessly, in less time, and at a lower cost.
View the latest version of Rhapsody
Benefits of Rhapsody
HealthVantics and Rochester RHIO Cut Their Onboarding Time by 75 Percent
Delivering Millions of Messages Per Month with the Rhapsody Integration Engine
Phoenix Children’s Hospital
Phoenix Children’s Achieves a New Level of Integration: Getting Ready for FHIR While Empowering Clinicians to Provide Better Care
South West London Pathology
Three NHS trusts collaborate to deliver a single, integrated pathology service
- Rhapsody IDE
- Management Console
- Rhapsody Mobile
- Rhapsody Dashboard
- IHE Toolkit
- Symphonia Messaging and Mapping Tools
- US Classifications
The Orion Health Management Console is a web-based application, designed to reduce time spent on day-to-day monitoring and management and provide troubleshooting. It displays information on the system status and state of message processing in the Engine. The Management Console highlights problems such as system connections that are not operating and interfaces that are not keeping up with the required throughput. It also allows access to administration tasks and processing logs. The Management Console provides access to copies of all recent messages processed by the Engine. Messages are stored in the Rhapsody archive for a configurable period of time and during that time, they can be edited, resent and reprocessed as required. Messages can be viewed at all stages of processing and the complete path of a message is displayed graphically.
The Management Console highlights issues as they arise, enabling the user to resolve issues in a timely manner. Rhapsody can alert the user to issues before they become critical, helping to maintain a healthy Engine with minimal downtime. The alert notification system can be configured to the user’s requirements, allowing users to configure thresholds at a component level. Watchlists allow the grouping of components so that they can be monitored as a group. The delivery time and method of notifications can also be configured.
Rhapsody provides APIs for remote monitoring. These APIs provide the ability to monitor and perform management actions (such as starting a communication point) in Rhapsody’s Dashboard and Mobile components as well as external applications.
Orion Health Rhapsody Mobile is a free mobile app for Apple iOS and Android that provides a subset of the monitoring capability available from the Management Console.
Rhapsody Mobile provides monitoring users an up-to-the-minute view of the health of an Engine and its connected network, anytime, anywhere.
Rhapsody Mobile empowers administrators, who are on the move or do not have access to a computer, to stay on top of Rhapsody issues.
Rhapsody Dashboard enables administrators to monitor multiple Engines deployed across development, test and production environments. Rhapsody Dashboard provides a real-time health status and alert function for Engines and links to the Management Console for more detailed information.
The IHE toolkit is an optional extra that can simplify the implementation of IHE profiles with patient registries and repositories.
The toolkit includes:
- Purpose-built Rhapsody components
- Sample configuration
The toolkit supports the following IHE profiles:
Mapping from virtually any format to another is easy with Symphonia. Simply drag a component from one pane (e.g., HL7) to its equivalent in another pane (e.g., XML) and the code creating the map is automatically generated in a third pane.
- Dramatically reduces programming time through its ease of use, clear, concise and easy to understand mapping language.
- Automatically generates mapping code thereby reducing errors and saving time.
- Includes a fully integrated debugger enabling quick and easy testing.
- Can “Auto-Map" the majority of data from one structure to another.
Extensive and quick EDI tools:
Adding messaging interfaces to applications shouldn’t be a tedious task. With Symphonia's extensive range of predefined messaging specifications, you will be up and running in minutes. Symphonia's EDI tools offer:
- An extensive definition library for HL7, HIPAA, EDIFACT, NCPDP, X.12 and UB92 messages.
- The ability to add predefined EDI, or custom messaging interfaces to applications.
- Flexibility allowing you to choose between Pure Java, COM Objects, C++ libraries and .NET libraries to implement the interface.
- Support for handling UNICODE messages and the ability to parse multi-byte characters in almost any language.
- An exceptionally high-speed parser providing a spectacular level of efficiency.
- Reduce documentation errors by ensuring message definitions match the generated specifications via a fully formatted notes section.
Map freely using the Symphonia Messaging and Mapping tools.
- Supports the HL7 Profile and HL7's XML schema for 2.x messages. It also creates XML schemas from the EDI definition.
- Supports a wide variety of Message Specifications - HL7, X.12, XML, EDIFACT, HCFA, UB92, ASTM, NCPDP, HIPAA and user defined formats.
- Supports many development languages: C++, Java, VB, DELPHI, POWERBUILDER, .NET capable languages etc.
- Supports many operating systems: WINDOWS NT-based systems, UNIX / LINUX.
- Supports multiple platforms: The COM Engine runs on Windows 98 and above while the Java engine runs on all platforms supporting JDK 1.3.
- Is incorporated into applications using the COM object, Java C++ libraries or Java Classes.
Rhapsody is listed as a class one medical device with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Rhapsody also supports HIPAA.
View across multiple devices
The Rhapsody Integration Development Environment (IDE) has been able to shave off a lot of the development time. Orion Health is so ingrained in the Canadian healthcare industry that they have a deep understanding of our desired workflow and can manoeuvre around a lot of the pains that integration systems go through when trying to combine health systems.
Vice-President, Product Management & Operations, OntarioMD
Rhapsody itself, it's a great integration engine. It does everything that we need it to.
Integration Architect, Department of Health, Province of New Brunswick
Working with Orion Health, we are able to better support our customers to achieve their healthcare IT goals by establishing interoperable health information systems.
CTO, Patient Care and Clinical Informatics, Philips Healthcare
I would undoubtedly recommend it as the product for anybody to use, for integration and message brokering.
Systems Development Specialist, New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services
The Orion Health solution is very intuitive, which will play a critical part in encouraging acceptance by the clinical staff.
Portal Project Manager NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde