Statewide Health Information Exchange established unprecedented access for participants and longitudinal patients records for state residents
- 33 hospitals (24 listed as data providers)
- Over 25 physician groups • Medicaid, Medicare and commercial payers
- Laboratories and imaging centers
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Home health and hospice
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Public Health NMHIC also shares information with bordering states and offers a gateway to the national eHealth Exchange.
Strategic Objectives and Directions
The HIE’s initial mission to foster data exchange among diverse institutions has evolved to creating a truly complete health record for each individual. NMHIC’s stated aim is “to provide high quality, comprehensive, secure information and knowledge when and where it is needed to facilitate optimal healthcare for New Mexicans.” The organization seeks to become the primary, trusted source of information for all state health entities.