New models of medicine are driving transformation in healthcare. Value-based models and consumer expectations are changing the way we manage the health of a population. Payers are rethinking how to build strong relationships with in-network providers, and how to meet consumer expectations.
About the Webinar
The Webinar took place on Tuesday, June 7th, 12-1pm EST and was hosted by eHealth Initiative and Foundation
Joe O’Hara, Director of Clinical Innovation at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, discussed Horizon BCBSNJ’s clinical integration approach to support providers in value-based models of care.
Their goals were to:
- Help more members find patient-centered care.
- Improve STARS rating
- Reduce out-of-network spend
- Continue migration from fee-for-service to fee-for-value
In this webinar, you will learn about:
- Horizon BCBSNJ’s strategy to achieve clinical integration through technology and work with healthcare professionals and hospital systems
- How Horizon BCBSNJ is supporting providers engaged in value-based care through a collaborative data platform enabling sharing of, and access to, real-time patient information
- How a dynamic longitudinal patient record and integrated apps help clinicians and payers close gaps in care, manage population health and report on quality of care
- Why Horizon BCBSNJ is enriching its strong analytic foundation by adding multi-setting clinical data to claims data
- Open APIs and how they can boost innovation
- Preparing organizations for large and complex data sets, such as genomics and social data
About Our Speakers
Joseph O'Hara, MBA
Director, Clinical Innovation, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Mr. O’Hara currently serves as the director of two innovations teams at Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey, building programs for Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) and Episodes of Care (EOC). These programs are designed to yield improved patient outcomes while using health care resources efficiently. Today, these programs include over 500,000 Blue Cross Blue Shield members, over 20 hospitals and thousands of physicians. Mr. O’Hara previously worked in health care technology, behavior health, Medicare HMOs, and, analyzing health care reform proposals during the health care reform debates of the 1990’s.
EVP, Product & Strategy, Orion Health
Dave Bennett has been a technology entrepreneur for over 20 years. In 2013, Bennett joined Orion Health to build out and run their Population Health Management business. In November of 2014, Bennett assisted Orion Health with their IPO on the Australian and New Zealand exchange. Currently Bennett serves as the EVP of Product & Strategy for Orion Health focused on new models of medicine. Prior to joining Orion Health Bennett founded Cyclone Commerce in 1996 which was acquired by Axway in 2006. He was a board member of Axway, iSirona, Net.orange, Medisens, MIT Enterprise Forum, and HRBA. After Axway’s IPO in 2011, Bennett joined NantWorks assisting Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong with the formation of NantHealth and new predictive models of care.
Sr. Vice President, TranZform Sales and Go to Market, TriZetto
Joel Gleason leads Sales and Go to Market Strategy for Trizetto’s Health TranZform™, a new suite of solutions that enable collaboration across healthcare. In this position, Gleason is responsible for identifying emerging opportunities in the market, promoting thought leadership, and collaborating on sales and education efforts. Gleason has over 25 years of healthcare IT experience, including experience with a variety of both clinical and financial solutions as well as supporting services. Gleason has broad industry knowledge and is a subject matter expert with respect to health systems’ evolving health plan strategies.