Orion Health showcases cross-Canada investment in patient success at eHealth
Company’s eHealth solutions employed in eight provinces across Canada
Vancouver, BC/Toronto, ON – Orion Health (OHE: NZX/ASX), a leader in Population Health Management (PMH) and integration of digital health solutions, will highlight its enabling technologies that have resulted in patient successes from Alberta to Newfoundland and Labrador.
Featured today at the eHealth Conference, under the theme “Empowering Patients from East to West”, will be presentations by Orion Health clients. On the agenda will be:
- A showcase presentation with Alberta and the Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information (NLCHI) looking at how jurisdictions leverage EHRs to enhance care coordination. The presentation will focus on getting more clinical, technical, and business value from Electronic Health Records (EHRs) as demonstrated in two case studies.
- A rapid-fire presentation with EllisDon on Public Private Partnerships in building smart hospitals. By discussing the redevelopment project of the Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington Ontario, EllisDon reviews how they worked in partnership with Orion Health to select Rhapsody as the preferred integration engine of choice.
- A poster presentation with NLCHI on its HEALTHe NL viewer – the provincial Electronic Health Record using Orion Health’s EHR infrastructure. HealthE NL, provides access to comprehensive patient data to improve overall clinical decision making, accountability, and efficiency in the provincial health care system.
Additionally, Orion Health is highlighting its work with Alberta Health and their Community Information Integration Program (CII). The project provides greater access to primary and community care information for providers and their patients. The project collects patient information from primary health care clinics’ Electronic Medical Record systems and makes this information accessible to healthcare providers through Alberta Netcare, the provincial EHR.
Earlier this month, Orion Health was honoured to be singled out for its commitment toward eHealth when it was nominated for two Canadian Health Informatics Awards (CHIAs):
- The Community Information Integration (CII) Project with Alberta Health, Alberta Medical Association, and Sherwood Park Primary Care Network is a finalist for the Innovation and Care Project Team Award, which took a collaborative approach to engaging community and primary health care partners toward the integration of health data for Albertans.
- The Corporate Citizenship Award for Orion Health’s eHealth industry-leadership. Specifically, the organization was selected for its investment in Canadian healthcare, its work sponsoring educational sessions across the country, its offering of training and advancement certificates and its active contribution to eHealth publications and digital media.
About Orion Health
Orion Health is a leading population health management company and is one of the world’s foremost providers of electronic health records (EHRs) and healthcare integration solutions to healthcare organizations. Worldwide, Orion Health solutions are used in 30 countries by more than 300,000 clinicians. In Canada, thousands of clinicians and hundreds of provider facilities and OEM partners rely on Orion Health to facilitate data exchange between hospitals, health systems and EHRs, resulting in improved care coordination, increased cost savings and efficiencies, and enhanced quality of care.
For more information, visit www.orionhealth.com. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
MAVERICK PR for Orion Health
416-640-5525 ex 237
Senior Marketing Director, Orion Health