Scottsdale, Ariz. – February 21, 2018 – Orion Health, a leading provider of interoperability, population health management and precision medicine solutions, today announced it has been invited to present during HIMSS18, the health information technology industry’s largest annual conference. The first presentation will be given during the Cloud Computing Forum sponsored by AWS. The second presentation will take place in the AWS booth 1625 on the HIMSS18 exhibit floor at the Sands Expo Center.
Presentation #1: “Planning Your Cloud Journey”
In his presentation, “Planning Your Cloud Journey,” Steven Crusenberry, senior vice president, SaaS products & cloud operations, Orion Health, will guide healthcare IT leaders on their journey to the cloud, discussing the lessons he’s learned from a career of supporting health systems through successful cloud adoption. It will be held on March 15, at 9:45 a.m. local time, in the Mouton 2 ballroom of Wynn Las Vegas.
The goal of the presentation is to provide a practical guide for attendees as they plan their own journey to the cloud, including a step-by-step process:
- Evaluate your success criteria: What do you want to accomplish related to cost savings, technology agility, and enhanced organization capabilities?
- Understand your capability: Do you have the necessary experience on staff? What’s the status of your existing technology contracts? What’s already virtualized? What resources can you devote to the journey?
- Identify timing and approach: When should you start new initiatives in the cloud? How do you get executive buy-in for the duration of the project? Do you start with a one-cloud or multi-cloud approach?
“Throughout my career, I have worked with some of the top payers and health systems in the nation, convincing them of the benefits offered by cloud infrastructure. As the healthcare space moves into an all-digital future, security and storage make the cloud more practical than ever,” Crusenberry said. “It’s an honor for me to speak on the topic at the HIMSS Cloud Computing Forum where I’ll have a chance to share what I’ve learned so that the future experience attendees have with the cloud builds upon the work of others, ensuring the smoothest transition possible.”
Orion Health leverages the AWS Cloud to provide security and privacy for its data and powers Orion Health’s machine learning offerings, all of which are essential for the management and analysis of valuable healthcare records and data.
Presentation #2: “A Modern Cloud Engine in a Traditional On-Prem Healthcare World”
In addition to the HIMSS Cloud Computing Forum presentation, Damian Leopard, solution consultant, Orion Health, will conduct a presentation titled “A Modern Cloud Engine in a Traditional On-Prem Healthcare World.” The in-theater presentation, to be held at the AWS booth 1625, on March 7, 2018 from 1:30-1:50 p.m., will outline how Orion Health’s Rhapsody Integration Engine, now in use at more than 640 healthcare organizations in 36 countries worldwide, brings disparate systems together through seamless data integration made possible by the highly secure and scalable AWS Cloud.
In his presentation, Leopard will:
- Debunk the erroneous—yet persistent—belief that on-premise solutions are more secure than cloud-based solutions.
- Describe how the healthcare industry’s comfort with cloud-based solutions has increased to the point where organizations are not only entrusting core applications, like their EMR system, to the cloud, but also tangential applications, like their integration engine.
- Detail how organizations can use a cloud-based integration engine’s unprecedented level of scalability to meet elastic performance requirements.
“The AWS Cloud is enabling Orion Health to become the custodian of patient health records globally, advancing our goals in the areas of precision medicine, data analytics and integration,” said Leopard. “A single patient’s medical records could eventually contain as much as six terabytes of data. The AWS Cloud gives us the bandwidth and power necessary to store and make use of patient data, now and into the future.”
Orion Health Media Contact:
480-664-8412 x 15