Orion Health Communicate is ONC Health IT 2015 Edition compliant and has been certified by Drummond Group in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- Certification: ONC Health IT 2015 Edition
- Certification number: 15.04.04.2113.Comm.23.00.0.180325
- Date certified: Mar 25, 2018
- Criteria certified:
- 170.315 (d)(1): Authentication, Access Control, Authorization
- 170.315 (d)(2): Auditable Events and Tamper-Resistance
- 170.315 (d)(3): Audit Report(s)
- 170.315 (g)(4): Quality Management System
- 170.315 (g)(5): Accessibility-Centered Design
- 170.315 (h)(2): Direct Project, Edge Protocol, and XDR/XDM
- ONC Disclaimer: This Health IT Modules listed within are 2015 Edition compliant and have been certified by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Cost and Limitations Attestation
- Description of Capability: Orion Health Communicate provides an EHNAC accredited HISP service compliant with the Direct Project standards. The service is offered as a Software as a Service (Saas) offering. Orion Health Communicate implements the Edge protocols SMTP, IMAP, and Direct XDR. Intended use is for providers and hospitals to transmit messages to other members of trusted communities, such as the Direct Trust bundle. Messages may be notes, clinical data, structured data, CCDAs, other.
- Costs or Fees: Costs include a one-time service setup fee, an annual subscription fee, and a certificate issuing fee which includes Level of Assurance 3 validation. Certificate fees vary between tenant level (Health network, HIE level) and healthcare provider organization, Renewal fees apply yearly or every 2 years depending upon policies. Organization setup and subscription fees depend upon a number of criteria: the type of interface, the number of users at the organization (unique mail addresses), and network utilization band (volumes). Number of users has a minimum threshold. Typical interfaces are Direct XDR and Webmail/IMAP.
- Contractual Limitations: Use of the Communicate service is limited to members who have negotiated a trust arrangement or agreed to the terms and conditions of the DirectTrust Accredited Trust Anchor bundle. Organizations are required to sign a contract when purchasing the Communicate product. The initial purchase includes implementation fees, as part of the initial contract.
- Technical or Practical Limitations: Consumers will need an IT system to generate, send and receive messages and their content.
Orion Health agrees to notify Drummond Group of any and all future changes to our mandatory disclosure language for this certified product-version.
Real World Testing